Dec 5, 2010

Argentina: Places

I've been planning some posts to show you my country. It's so big, I've only visited a few places yet, but I'd love to know the whole country one day.
I'll start showing you a few pictures of a region I adore, it's in the North West of Argentina, and I'll show a few pictures of three of the provinces in the region, from north to south: Jujuy, Salta and Tucumán. I specially love this region because my eldest sisters and their families live there (in Jujuy and Tucumán), so I go there quite often.





 These are the Salinas Grandes (Grand Saltmines), in Jujuy province, they're close to the north eastern border of Chile.


This is the route that takes you to Salinas Grandes, it's more than 4000 metres above sea level 



This is the town of Purmamarca and its Seven Colors Hill (Jujuy province)



Yeap, that's me  in the Quebrada de las Conchas, Salta province. 



 As you go south, everything gets greener. That's Tafí del Valle in Tucumán province.


 And it's so green it looks like a jungle! On the way back from Tafí del Valle.

* All pics taken by me


Next time I'll show you the other end of the country: the shouthernmost city in the world!

Besos!

P.S.: I've just realised that my lovely hummingbird template doesn't work properly with Firefox, does anyone know how to fix it? Can't find the answer in Blogger's Help. For those of you using Firefox, sorry for the blinding colors, they're not suposed to be THAT bright.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the pictures. My boyfriend is Argentine, so at some point we'll go there to visit. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience, I have always wanted to go to Argentina.. hopefully soon :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..this is great...i want to go now!!! beautiful beautiful pictures..and those salt mines look scary but fascinating

    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete